Wicked Nights

Wicked Nights - Gena Showalter Wicked Nights was just the pick me up I needed after reading EIGHT books in a row recently that all pretty much sucked on a major "why did I do this to myself" kind of level. Apparently I am one of the few who have not read Gena's Lords of the Underworld series, and after reading Wicked Nights I can see that I have completely deprived myself of here genius. Zacharel was one of those creamsicle popsicles I use to love as a kid. Hard and cold on the outside but soft and extra sweet on the inside, and I loved him about as much as I did those popsicles as a kid. Most people who know me will tell you without hesitation that I am brutally honest. I will tell you the truth no matter what it may cause because that’s just the kind of person I am. Zacharel was just liked that, and that is something I admire in another person (even a fictional one). Then you bring in my new favorite kick ass heroine Annabelle and I fall in love all over again. Smart, brave, stubborn as a mule, bent but never broken and still has the ability to be human. I don't consider myself to be super woman but I'm not exactly weak either, but I know that if I would have endured half the things she had in such a short span of time I would have broken into a million pieces. I loved that she felt her emotions but wouldn't let her past decide her future, and it was remarkable to watch the love she and Zacahrel have grow. I can't wait to read about Thane and all the other amazing characters I met in this book.