The Forest of Hands and Teeth (Forest of Hands and Teeth Series #1)

The Forest of Hands and Teeth  - Carrie Ryan Before I start this review I have a few bones to pick with Miss. Mary. Mary and I had so many ups and downs, loves and hates, backs and forth. Why Mary! Why must you confuse me so?!! I loved your open mind and your bad assery (yep it's officially a word) with an axe but you were hard headed, naive, and you really didn't think things through. I appreciated your dreams and your desire to follow them, BUT when will your selfish needs be fulfilled? Now that my rant is over.The Forest of Hands and Teeth left confused. Did I love it? Nope. Did I hate it? Not even. Do I yearn to reread it? Not really. It was, quite simply a book that I have read. The world building was simply amazing. I could hear, see and taste everything that was going on, which sounds super cheesy but hey that’s how I felt. The characters were well developed and felt real. There was never a point where I just wanted to skip to the end because I was bored, or unimpressed. Yet I still didn't fall in love with it. Mary was half amazing a quarter dumb and another quarter selfish. We all have dreams and hopes and ambitions but when will you be satisfied? Once you reach that dream what next? What are you really willing to give up in return for hat dream, and once that dream is accomplished will what you gave up be missed? I truly did enjoy the majority of it but there were just a few things that I couldn't get past. All in all it was a solid 3.5 stars and I do at least recommend it.