Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)

Angels' Blood  - Nalini Singh The only reason I didn't give this book 4 stars instead of 3 is because Ellie (our main character). I love me a serious down to Earth kick ass heroine (it's even a favorite shelf of mine) but even Ellie's kick ass awesomeness couldn't keep me from yelling at her for half of the book. There is a very simple saying that I love and live by... DON'T TAUNT THE BEAR; sweet simple and to the point. If you want to live don't poke at the big scary thing that could rip you to shreds in a half a second. Apparently Ellie has never heard this phrase before. She kept blaming Raphael for all the bad luck when in all actually it was her immediate defensive nature that threw her in the lions den. I liked the banter between the two but I was a tad frustrated with how she kept saying "he made me cut myself". And that whole I'm going to shot him even though he has me pretty much dangling in mid air because I think he may kill me right now, and please don't get me started on the I want you but you will break me but ohh your so sexy inner monologue she had going. Ellie's constant babbling aside the book itself was pretty good. I liked the new take on vampires and while I did see the ending coming a mile a way it still made me smile. On another note, besides Raphael, Ransom and Sara were my two absolute favorites in this book, their loyalty and sarcasm is something I appreciate and it wasn't overdone to an annoying degree.