City of Dark Magic: A Novel

City of Dark Magic - Magnus Flyte "It's not you, City of Dark Magic, it's me."I know that is such a cliche but I promise in this case it's true. I requested City of Dark Magic on Netgalley, and while I do appreciate it, it just wasn't what I was expecting. I expected a lot of action and mystery, but I made it 5 1/2 chapters in and I just couldn't push myself to keep going. One of my "goals" for myself I started late last year was to stop forcing myself through things I truly wasn't enjoying. Not just books, but movies, conversations with stupid people, you know. And staying true to my goal I had to put City of Dark Magic down and come to terms with the fact that it just wasn't for me. Now if you love a story with A LOT of backstory and build up, a story with a lot of history and Beethoven references then City of Dark Magic is for you. If you like: she manages to get arrested, to have tantric sex in a public fountain, and to discover a time-warping drug. She also catches the attention of a four-hundred-year-old dwarf, the handsome Prince Max, and a powerful U.S. senator with secrets she will do anything to hide.and want it quickly, or at lest with a appropriate amount of backstory/build up then I suggest you look elsewhere.